Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October...Already?!?!

Wow! Is it really October already?



We've completed our first full month of schooling for this academic year, and while there are a few minor changes I would make if I could travel back in time, I've been very pleased with our progress so far!

Big Boy is adjusting so well to the new heavier schedule of 1st grade, and Big Girl is actually really enjoying math this year! I cannot tell you what a relief these two things are for me. I really was worried about them looking back on last year.

Baby Boy continues to be a challenge. My school-only activities and toys are not working to keep him as entertained as I had hoped. Sure he enjoys what I've gotten, but he is such a perfectionist (much like older sister and mom) that he gets frustrated if the slightest thing goes "wrong". I'm really looking at scrapping the plans I have in place for him and trying to figure something else out.


Looking forward, October is set up to be a pretty busy month.

  • College homecoming
  • Hometown homecoming/fall festival
  • Husband's 15 year class reunion
  • Trip to a local pumpkin patch
  • Piano performance in nearby town
  • History day with the homeschool group
  • Halloween
How about you? Any big plans for the coming month/season?

No comments:

Post a Comment