Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Shortly before Christmas, our family went out to see the movie Frozen. It is seriously adorable, and Olaf (the snowman) provides some great comic relief. The kids have all been singing the summer song the last several weeks. Haven't heard? Take the time to YouTube it! I promise you'll be cracking up.

Anyway, in keeping with my goal of doing weekly art projects, we decided to create our very own Olaf!


The idea initially came to me when I was killing time on Pinterest and found a simple cut out activity over on My Mommy Reads. I first had the kids paint a winter scene using watercolors since we were studying Audobon's paintings. Even Baby Boy got in on the action after he woke up from his nap!


Then I took the cutout pieces and let the kids arrange them as they saw fit. They came out really cute and now any time Baby Boy enters the room, he yells out "happy snowman!"



Like what you've seen here? Get your own cut out Olaf here!

No comments:

Post a Comment