Big Girl (4th grade) - Seriously! Where has the time gone?
- Math - Saxon Math 54
- Science - Apologia Zoology 2 with Notebooking Journal
- Handwriting - American Cursive Handwriting by Michael Sull
- Piano - Simply Music - Click along the left hand side to find a teacher in your area! This is not a curriculum you purchase and teach yourself, but it is a wonderful program none-the-less. Last year we struggled so much with getting Big Girl to practice, and this year, she is practicing without needing the reminder!
- P.E. - After 4 years of dance, she will be switching gears and starting karate at our local dojo. This makes her mama (a former dancer) a little bit sad, but I'm excited to see her learn new things!
- Everything Else - Tapestry of Grace Year 3 - Yes, literally every other subject comes from this one place. It intermixes Bible/church history, geography, history, literature, spelling, writing, and art beautifully! Our first two years with the program I was so impressed, I've never looked back! Plus, it is all housed on the computer, so no big binders to lug around!
Big Boy (1st grade) - This is a big year full of big changes for him because he gets to join his sister for many classes!
- Math - Saxon Math 1
- Science - Apologia Zoology 2 with Junior Notebooking Journal
- Phonics - Saxon Phonics 1
- Piano - Music for Little Mozarts - I was horrible about staying on top of this last year, so we'll probably start over with this book. Hopefully I can be more disciplined!
- P.E. - karate at the local dojo
- Everything Else - Tapestry of Grace Year 3
Baby Boy (2 yo)
No official school here, but I've been pinning things like crazy this summer and plan to get together busy boxes and other "school" activities for him. I also bought a few books that I used with Big Girl just in case he surprises me and wants to do "big kid school" like his sister did at this age. I'll be honest, though, keeping him busy is my biggest concern going into school this year!
So that's it! Our curriculum choices for 2013-2014. I'm beyond excited to get started on it this September (as soon as it all comes in *wink*)!
Want to see what others are doing? Either click the button at the top of the page or right below for more great ideas, and don't forget to come back next week for a tour of our school room!